We're approaching a 3-Day weekend, and many of us will be attending barbecues, picnics, and family events. Don't arrive empty-handed!
Instead, load up your slow cooker with one of the following crowd-pleasing dishes. I've listed the recipes in countdown order--- if you have a favorite, please chime in below.
10) Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup. This is filling, delicious, and is different enough to gain lots of attention on the buffet table. Easy to stretch by serving rice, and fixen's like sliced avocado and tortilla chips.
9) Lima Bean Casserole Cassoulet. I love serving this to guests and listening to the conversation. "what type of beans are these?" "I'm not sure. some sort of large pinto beans or something?" I usually wait until the pot is practically empty before coming clean that they were lima beans.
8) Honey Lentils. Delicious, nutritious,
vegan vegetarian, and such a fun offering to bring to a picnic. I get the nicest emails about these lentils!
7) Pesto Spinach Lasagna. I need to run to the store to pick up the ingredients for this! You have never had a better vegetarian lasagna. So so good.
6) CrockPot Barbecued Pulled Pork. Eat in sandwiches, on top of a bed of lettuce, or just eat it right out of the crock. This is the meal slow cookers were invented for!
5) Peperocini Beef Sandwiches. This is such a non-recipe recipe. All you need to do is throw a whole jar of peperocninis in with a beef chuck roast! Shred the meat, serve in hoagie rolls with a bit of Swiss or Provolone cheese. SCORE!
4) Pomegranate Beef. When we host a dinner for new friends, I usually make this. This keeps picky older relatives happy, along with the kids (note to self: I need to update some of these photos!). I've made this for television audiences, and served it at the Disneyland Food & Wine Festival, where the kitchen chefs gave rave reviews, which made me cry. This recipe was also featured on Oprah.com!
3) Cream Cheese, Sausage, and Rotel Dip (mommy crack). The ingredients are odd, the taste is not. Make this and you'll be happy.
2) Potluck Beans. We can't have a potluck countdown without potluck beans, now can we? These beans have bacon. Nuff' said.
1) Original Taco Soup. Feeds a bunch, easy to throw together, and everyone LOVES it. This has been our number one potluck bring along for the past 12 years.
Honorable mention: Black Beans with Cilantro. I ran out of numbers--- this is a great bean recipe. :-)
Enjoy your long weekend!
Are you looking for the World's Best Slow Cooker Recipes? I've made them ALL, and these truly are the very best ones!! :-)